Directions:In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letters or letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation.Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
4. A. boom
5. A. finger
Ⅱ. Vocabulary and Structure(15 points)
Directions.. There are 15 incomplete sentences in this
section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
6. As a child I used to wash my parents' car to earn some__ money.
7. After the busy day I've had, I need a __ drink.
8. If you__ stayed at home, this would never have
C. will have
D. would have
9. --How much did this set of furniture cost?
--I forgot __
A. how much it costs
B. how much did it cost
C. how much it cost
D. how much does it cost
10. We had a long way to go so we decided to __
A. set on
B. put on
C. set off
D. put off
11. __ it is not his responsibility to do that,he said he would help.
12. One of the strongest hurricanes __ was the Florida Keys Storm of 1935, during which 500 people were killed.
A. to record
D. being recorded
13. Ms. Jolie is beautiful and very talented, and in control of her own career.
14. When John left the office, Amy __ at her desk.
A. is still working
B. has still worked
C. had still working
D. was still working
15. You should learn through failures. Why don't you __ your plan or try a new approach?
16. The carpet has so many stains on it that it needs
B. to replace
C. being replaced
D. to be replaced
17. I sent him the package yesterday. He __ it by now.
A. might have received
C. will receive
18. Is this the factory __ you visited the other day?
19. To make the fish__ nice, she put in some sugar and wine vinegar.
B. to taste
20. My daughter runs faster than__ in her class. She runs the fastest.
A. a boy
B. any boy
C. some boys
D. most boys
Ⅲ. Cloze(30 points)
Directions:For each blank in the following passage, there are four choices marked A,B,C and D. Choose the one tha is most suitable and mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Insomnia, or "poor sleep", can have bad effects on a person's health and general well-being. It can 21on both our physical and mental health and can lead to other health22
Insomnia can be traced to many different reasons,but what is 23 to ninny sufferers is their inability to relax fully and "switch the mind 24Constant thoughts,25 around and around in the mind, moving from one 26 to the next, prevent stillness and peace and 27 a sufferer extremely tired.
In order to treat insomnia 28, it is first
necessary to allow a sufferer to re-experience 29 real
relaxation feel like.It’s almost as though they've forgotten how to relax. Once this has been 30 by the brain, then fast and effective 31 can be made to reeducate the unconscious towards allowing the person to relax 32 and to allow a natural state of sleep
Hypnotherapy(催眠疗法) is one of the fastest and
most effective ways of 34 this goal for long-lasting results.
Sleeping pills, if used at all, should only be a short-term35as their effect is soon reduced and their side effects can be deep and far-reaching.
21. A. harm
22. A. demands
23. A. interesting
24. A. on
26. A. image
Ⅳ.Reading Comprehension(60 points)
Directions：There are five reading passages in this part.Each passage is followed by four questions.For each question there are four suggested answers marked A，B，C and I Choose the best answer and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Alexia Sloane，a l0一year-old girl，lost her sight when she was two following a brain disease But despite her disability she has excelled at languages and is already fluent in English，French，Spanish and Chinese。and is learning German.
Now she has experienced her dream job of working
as an interpreter after East of England MEP(欧盟议员)
Robert Sturdy invited her to the parliament building in Brussels，thus becoming the youngest interpreter to work at the European Parliament.
“She was given a special permit to get into the
buildin9，where there is usually a minimum age requirement of l4.and sat in a booth listening and
interpretin9，”said her mother，Isabelle.“The other
interpreters were amazed at how well she did as the