6. The weather changes __________the season.
7. In fact she was__________of softball, tennis and track.
A. much more fond
B. much fonder
C. very fonder
D. too more fond
8. His father had little school education. __________.
A. So mine did
B. Neither did mine
C. So had I
D. So did mine
9. I was pleased_________you yesterday.
A. to meet
B. haven't met
C. to have met
D. to be meeting
10. I don't mind _________to the party.
A. being not invited
B. not being invited
C. not inviting
D.not to be invited
11. My mother knows Jane. They _________to each other at a party.
A. have been introduced
B. are introduced
C. were introduced
D. had been introduced
12. The President gave the Secretary of State 30 days_________the report.
B. to complete
13. ——ho do you-think has made my room so dirty, Mom?
——It_________be your younger brother.
14. Seldom _________ any mistakes during my past five years of service here.
A. I would make
B. would I make
C. did I make
D. I did make
15. Mr. Zhang gave the textbooks to all the pupils except_________ who had already taken them.
A. the ones
D. the others
16. We want to buy the same book _________you are reading.
17. George cooked me a meal, _________ was a first for him.
18. "I want to beg a favour of you, sir. I want to sent a letter home,what_________is. "He said.
A. that's, that
B. it's, it
C. it's, that
D. that's, it
19. A fight broke out among the football fans and soon it went__________control.
20. Two nuclear power stations __________in the past ten years.
A. have been built
C. would be built
D. are built
George and Margaret Glenn and their children live at 140, Davis Street, across the street from a small park. Their house is 21 off the main road. George 22 goes to work by bus, but sometimes he goes 23 his car. The children usually go to school by bus.
The Glenns' house is 24 hidden among the trees. It has small bushes（灌木） 25 around it. There is a fence 26 it and the house next door. It is a two-storey house, with the living room, dinning room and kitchen on the first floor, and the bedrooms and bathroom on the second floor.
The Glenns spent a lot of time at home. 27 now they are at dinner. Conversation（谈话） at the Glenns' house is usually lively at mealtime. The children are 28 trips they would like to take. Susan, who has never 29 on a plane, says, "I'd like to 30 a plane to California. " Henry, who is 31 , thinks it would be fun to be on a ship, heading for adventure（冒险） in Africa. Teddy, the youngest child, says, "I want to go around the world on a train. " His elder brother and sister are still trying to 32 to him why this is not possible when their mother says, "Children, you've spent too much time at the table. Henry and Susan, go and 33 your homework. Teddy, it's time you were in bed. "
Soon there is silence throughout the 34 Teddy is in bed, Susan and Henry are in their rooms studying, and Mr. And Mrs. Glenns are in their living room, 35 George is sitting in his favourite chair, reading the paper and Margaret is sitting on the sofa, doing some sewing.
（ ）21. A. only B. just C. nearly D. almost
（ ）22. A. sometimes B. often C. usually D. seldom
（ ）23. A. by B. on C. in D. for
（ ）24. A. hardily B. almost C. much D. far
（ ）25. A. crowded B. set C. put D. planted
（ ） 26. A. among B. between C. from D. across
（ ）27. A. Almost B. Right C. Just D. Every
（ ）28. A. discussing B. talking C. speaking D. saying
（ ）29. A. ridden B. fled C. been D. gone
（ ）30. A. ride B. fly C. take D. travel
（ ）31. A. elder B. older C. bigger D. larger
（ ）32. A. explain B. say C. tell C. speak
（ ）33. A. make B. do C. learn D. review
（ ）34. A. room B:. home C. house D. Glenns'
（ ）35. A. there B. here C. where D. now